* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Friends, Friends, Friends.......

Webster's defines a friend as "a person one knows, likes, and trusts; a favored companion or comrade or one who supports a group or cause".  This definition allows one a broad range of what we could call "friends".  I like it!  After many years of moving and meeting new people I have come to realize that I have large circle of friends.  In that circle are friends that I would trust with all I have,with my children, my possessions, my deepest secrets, my life.  Others are people (friends) who I have met because of some type of ministry that I was involved in or maybe because we shared common interest. Either way, I have been blessed with many friends. 

Today as the sun is shinning and the temperature is rising I have thought of some of my old friends and I miss them.   So, in order to not get all down and out,  I thought I would blog about some of my dear friends.


MY HUSBAND...................


Scott, my dear Scott.  He would have to be the best friend I have ever had.  He is truly my favored companion and a true comrade.  After spending over 32 years with this man, yes, I feel comfortable enough to do things that I would normally not do with anyone else.  I have shared my deepest hurts and concerns with him.  I have experienced places and met people of which I will never forget with him.   He is my best friend and always will be.


MY GIRLS..........


Now this could be described in two ways.....my children and my girlfriends

 First, my children.

 Yes, my children according to websters would be my friends.  One of the first scriptures my girls learned was, "a friend loves at all times"  Prov. 17:17.  This is so true as they have loved me regardless of how difficult I may be or how hard I have been on them.   There is a connection of friendship with your daughters that one cannot describe.  As Webster explained, I know them, I like them, I trust them and I love them and I am truly blessed to have them.  I am also very proud of all three of them and all they are doing in their lives.


My Girlfriends......


I would have to say, I am not one to go out and shop or do girly things with other women. I am not a "girlfriend" kind of person.   I usually do that sort of thing with my daughters or my husband who patiently watches as I oooooooohhhhh and awwww over things or just sits in the car or on a nearby bench and reads...BUT............  I do have some "girlfriends" of whom I really enjoy and appreciate.


Mary lou..........she can make you laugh by just hearing her laugh.    She is never uptight......and even though we have our seperate lives, there is a connection that is almost as if she were my sister.  Regardless of how many miles or how much time gets between us, we still seem to stay connected........I have decided its a  "God Thing".  I miss our long conversations! I miss our ministering together. ... I miss her wonderful God-given songs and piano playing. Yes, I even have a few of her wonderful warm and beautiful quilts.....I miss my auction buddy...... I miss so many things about her.......



Others......


Even though everyone on the list above are my spiritual sisters(excluding my sweet husband, of course), there are those that I have met (during my days as a Pastor's wife or youth leader or whatever I was doing) that have been my co- laborers in Christ, prayer partners, or just simply been a listening ear or gave great guidance...I truly miss them and am so thankful that God allowed them in my life...Mrs. Mae, Mrs. Rodette, Pat Brummett, Rachel T, Tina G, Della D, Tina J,  Tim and Carletta and many others.


Then there are those of whom God put directly in my path.   Those that I had the opportunity to minister to in some capacity.  Who accepted the love of Christ and his plan for thier lives and quickly became my friends........what started as nothing in common soon led to a friendship and being part of a spiritual bond that nothing could seperate.....Alex B, Melissa L, Michelle G, Kim J, Shelly P,Tammy R,Tanya, Anna, Britt H, Best, Sledge, Thompson, Butch, Rose V, Pat R, and many more..................


Yes, today God reminded me that a friend is a special gift and is to be appreciated......so to all my friends.. I miss you and God bless you for being part of my life......and to all my friends to be... I miss you already..........

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Patty...got my blogg working...www.foresthillsroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!