* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A new creation..............

I pulled this old Buffet out of my daughters garage last week.  I originally purchased the buffet years ago at an auction in Daytona Florida.  I always look for flea markets, auctions, yard sales and the such when we go on vacation.  I bought this piece for around $20.00. My husband thought it was ridiculous to haul it back to Kentucky even if it was a great deal.  I also purchased a dry sink for $3.00 at the same auction.  He has scoffed over the years reminding me, "see that piece was not worth the trip back"! 

Well.......needless to say...he is eating his words now!

I cleaned the piece up with Murphy oil soap and warm water.  I then got out the ole handy dandy black flat paint.  After removing the antique hardware.  I pained the entire piece black. 





 I sanded the edges and a few areas to make it look warn.  I then top coated the whole thing with a quick dry polyurethane.





  It turned out great!  Just goes to show..........A little paint can make anything look better!



After I look at this amazing ole buffet and the change that has taken place I am reminded of the word of God in 2 Corinthians 5:17, it says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!"  Wow, what a wonderful thought!  I wish I had taken a picture of the buffet before I started.  What you see now could never begin to show you just how far the buffet has come.  My life is much the same way........what I used to be and what I am now is so different.  I have truly changed.  Thanks be to the amazing work of the Holy Spirit, I too, have been recreated!

Until next time.....happy decorating and may you be truly blessed! 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely buffet, a little paint some elbow grease and ambition resulted in a beautiful piece of furniture. Well Done. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love your buffet! The legs are STUNNING! I think you got your money's worth and THEN SOME! I'd love to find something like that! God Bless you and please stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty ~~ Beautiful Transformation ... my hubby always comes around too .... his famous words are "Oh you were right ... looks so good" lol They dont make furniture like that anymore you got the bargain of the century, would love to see the dry sink. Love your Point of View & Positive Thinking .... God is Great !!
    Fall Blessings to You & Yours ~~
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now if that piece didn't have a long line of lives....look how many families it went through and IT'S STILL LOVED!
    It's just beautiful and I think my aunt had one very, very similar. The legs look almost identical as well as the doors and placement.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!