* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's been a Tasty Tuesday!

Today I got to "hankering" ( I guess it is a Ky word) for some good ole fried chicken. So I got out my trusty  frying pan and went to work.  After dipping my chicken in a egg and milk base and dropping it into my bag of flour mixed with salt and pepper to taste
 and then shake, shake, shake!

 Into a hot pan of oil and a little whole butter added for good measure.......

Now isn't that mouth watering?  Crunchy on the outside.
 Moist and tender on the inside.

Of course you cannot have chicken without fresh hot biscuits...
 So I prepared a pan of those too.
 Of course a little butter on top.


And here it is all together with french style green beans,
mashed potatoes and of course some good ole gravy.......


It has been a tasty Tuesday!!!

Just a reminder;
as good as southern cooking can be nothing satisfies like the goodness of our Lord. 
The daily reading of His Word and the daily guidance of the Holy Spirit is the best recipe for life.

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Psalm 34:8

Blessings y'all

Patty

17 comments:

  1. Looks so good, I can almost taste it. Yes, the Word is the best recipe for our lives.

    Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. I never was able to make good fried chicken, but my mom and mother in law sure could. Love the B. verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YUMMY!!!!!! now that is my kind of meal:) Now I'm hungry, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH that looks so good!! I love fried chicken I haven't had any in a while. I will have to fix me some now this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty ... Mmmmm that looks Scrumptious !!
    Family,Home, Health, Food ... The Blessings
    of Our Lord.
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Save some for me. I am on my way!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI,
    That makes my mouth water! Looks so good....just good ole' comfort food, huh? Can't wait to see what's on the menu next!!!
    Warm hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my!!! Now THAT is a meal worth coming to the table for! And I have a feeling I would love the fellowship, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed! and as soon as I get dug out here I'll be right down for some of that chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks absolutely delicious! Of course you can't have one, without the other ;)

    We have been snowed in for 2 days and we baked some cookies, YUM! I love freshly baked cookies.

    Have a beautiful day.
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the word, hankering...too funny! I'll have to use that in a post. LOL Nothing like fried chicken! Yum! I love your sweet blog!

    Have a wonderful night!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so good! I love fried chicken but have been aftraid to make it.......guess I need to rethink that one....
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was gonna say that I will be right over but it is a little late!!! I bet that fried chicken was delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fried chicken and the Word...nothing like comfort food!

    Stay warm

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patty!
    That looks so, so good! And Yes, even though He has given us all things to enjoy with a thankful heart-- Our Lord is better than life!
    Have a wonderful week!
    With Love from the Cabin,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum!
    Now that's some good looking food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!