* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Girl's Gotta do, What a Girl's gotta do!

As many of you know my husband has been on the down and out list for the past week or so. This has forced me to take on things I normally would not do, but a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do. This past Friday, my sister and I took on the challenge of putting up the crown molding in the front part of our new "old" home.  This meant measuring, mitering and using the chop saw. 
Can I just SAY...........SUCCESS!

We used corner blocks so we would not have to miter all the corners.  I think the corner blocks added a little something, something to the molding.

Do you see that corner of the door facing?......
Yes, we mitered those....yippee!!!!!


I think it turned out fabulous!!!!!

More to come.......keep watching!

Blessings!

Patty

19 comments:

  1. Great job, girls! Mike Holmes would be proud! I used to do things like this, my guys are not handy at all, so I love it when I run across girls who know how to get it done! Love the accent blocks you used and it does add that extra bling!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Patty I am impressed! I love the color and the woodwork is beautiful. Can't wait to see more. Hope your husband is well soon.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ! Such a great ideal with the corner blocks, really adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! I'm pretty brave when it comes to "I'll do it myself!" but I'm not sure I would have tackled this one! It looks beautiful, Patty! I'm so proud of you. Just strut your stuff there -- you deserve it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want crown mouldings sooooooo bad! yours look amazing! thanks for the visit this week...I love visiting everyone...but seems I only have time to reply to those who stop in...and sometimes not even that anymore! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I am proud of you, you've done an amazing job of that and it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Awesome job! I hope your husband is getting stronger each day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girls!!! It looks great, I pray hubby is doing well!! Have a wonderful day!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great job! That is encouraging for women everywhere. Bet your husband is proud of you two.
    Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed with you!!! Go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I love that little touch..very nice indeed.;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can do a lot of things but don't think I would take on a challenge like that...you did a great job...looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I am impressed! I could never do that. I love the corner blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just joined your blog and love it. My family are strong Christains, the Lord is #1 here at Hillcrest Home Prims.

    I will be praying that your sweet Hubby is doing better and is getting stronger everyday,I joined yiu blog because I love it and I will be back!!!

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. psshhh you don't need help. Look at you go! This looks great, Patty! I'm impressed! Can't wait to see what else you've been working on!

    Take good care!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing. Lovely blog. Do visit my blog too and leave your footprints by posting comments. Cheers!

    http://parentingworkshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!