* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sweet Scripture Sunday!!!


As the season is changing from Winter to Spring,
 the warmth of the Spring sunshine
 and the earth going from a dull gray to beautiful shades of green
always brings with it a sense of renewal and energy. 
 We begin to makes plans for the upcoming days.
It becomes a season of "preparation". 
We plan  our vacations and our vegetable and flower gardens. 
We prep the soil and search through endless catalogs and magazines
 trying to find new ideas and plantings. 
We begin strict exercise and diet regiments. 
 All so we may be prepared for what is ahead.

  As believers in Christ Jesus, we too, go through many seasons. 
Many times we realize we are not prepared for what lies ahead
or we are not reaping the full benefits of our faith
Why? because we do not prepare.


The apostle Peter has this to say in I Peter 1:13-16

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action,
be self-controlled,
set your hope fully on the grace to be given you
when Jesus Christ is revealed. 
 As obedient children,
do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance,
But just as he who called you is holy,
so be holy in all you do;
 for it is written;
"Be holy, because I am holy."

As believers there is more to this life than just living and dying. 
Life is about more than just trying to get through a day or a season.
 It is about reaping the benefits of all that is ours.
How? 
Preparation!
To Prepare means to fit, adapt,
or qualify for a particular purpose or condition;
 to make ready;
as, to prepare ground for seed; to prepare a lesson.


To procure as suitable or necessary;
 to get ready;
 to provide;
as, to prepare ammunition and provisions for troops;
to prepare ships for defence; To make all things ready;
 to put things in order; as,
to prepare for a hostile invasion.



 
As believers we need to get ready.  We need to be self-controlled and alert!
Preparation is a must!
 
1. Read the Word and meditate upon it.
2.  Hide the Word in your heart. (memorize it)
3.  Learn to talk with the Father (Pray)
3.  Understand the Power of the Holy Spirit in your life.
An effective Christian is the one who understands their power source.
4. Fellowship of other believers!  (You are who you hang with).

Be Prepared or you  just might find that you have been invaded by a hostile enemy (Satan)!

To all the believers out there......Are you preparing daily?
To those who are not........
The best preparation you can make for your future is to know Jesus Christ as Savior!

Blessings!

Patty

12 comments:

  1. Thank you Patty, for calling us to remembrance, we all need to pray and stay close to God. Things could come upon us in an instant, as it did in Japan. I'm sure they never expected such devastation to come upon them. I love your Sweet Scripture Sunday posts; they are blessings for a troubled world.
    Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so kmuch, Patty, for your post today. It has solidified so much of what has been going on in my heart lately. I have felt such an urgency to "dig deeper", to be prepared, as you said. I loved the definition you gave. In fact, I want to ask you if I can "steal" it for future reference??? I have a passion for words and definitions. You magnified God's word today with this, and there is nothing that can bring about this holiness in our lives than a deeper understanding and obedenience to what He says. I'm with Trisha on this one: I love coming here for I know I will find a rock solid foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this Patty. Very well said post. Our focus needs be our focus on Jesus Christ day in and day out and not just when it's convenient. Thanks for the reminder. I'm reading this on Monday morning. What a wonderful thing to start my week with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great word of direction and encouragement...I will definitely take it on board..thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty what a wonderful way to start my day! I always look forward to these Sunday posts, as they are always something I need to hear. Please keep these up!
    How is the house coming?
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Thanks for reminding us, we all need to be prepared.I read Chuck Swindoll today and his devotion was along the same topic. His was a reminder that we are not taking advantage of the spirits power.
    Have a good week,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesomely said! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! Be blessed today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and love your blog! I just happened upon it (or was I led here?) from another blog. I see you run a homeless shelter. That caught my eye. I started a blanket ministry for the homeless in our community 2 winters ago and we've give away over 700 so far.
    Looking forward to more of your posts . Please come visit me sometime at ponderingsbykris.blogspot.com
    Blessings to you:)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is good food for thought. I believe in preparedness, but we have to be prepared in spirit, too, not just in food and material things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty,

    Love this!!! Now that I have had plenty of time to be still and know that God is God I get to put some of that stillness into actcion. Please pray that I would be prepared and obedient. Thanks.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sweet place here! And goodness, you are only about 3 hours away on the other side of the mountains fom us!
    Thank you so much for entering the giveaway and becoming a follower :) I am following you now, too! I love finding new blogs to read!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!