* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sweet Scripture Sunday!!!



The Nativity is up!
Let the Christmas Season Begin......



"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son,
and they will call him Immanuel-which means,
"God with us."
Matt 1:23

"the Holy Spirit will come upon you,
and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.
So the holy one to be born
will be called the Son of God.
Luke 1:35


And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby,
keeping watch over their flocks at night.
An Angel of the Lord appeared to them,
 and the glory
of the Lord shone around them,
and they were terrified,
But the angel said to them,
"Do not be afraid.
I bring you good news of great joy
that will be for all people. 
Today in the town of David
 a Savior has been born to you,
He is Christ the Lord.
This will be a sign to you:
You will find the baby wrapped in cloths lying in a manger."

Luke 2: 8-12




When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.
On coming to the house,
they saw the child with his mother Mary,
and they bowed down and worshiped him.
Then they opened their treasures
and presented him with gifts
of gold and of incense and of myrrh.

Matt 2:10-12


Let us be reminded as we decorate, buy gifts,
go to parties and celebrate this Season;
the "Reason for the Season"...............
JESUS!

May you be blessed with all the Peace and Joy
 only HE can give!

Blessings!

Patty



8 comments:

  1. So beautiful Patty; I love putting the Nativity out first, but, this year I haven't had time to decorate, at all. Maybe, next week. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Patty. Love your Nativity. I have several and just realized I don't have one camel. I am going to see if I can a Jim Shore.lol I have donkeys though. Enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nativity scene is so beautiful. I love all the pieces complete with even the animals! Gorgeous way to remind us WHY we celebrate. So many people celebrate Christmas and leave Christ out...they are running around trying to buy the perfect gifts or decorating for Santa instead of enjoying time with family and and thanking God for sending his Son! He is the Perfect Gift! Thanks for sharing the wonderful message! Hope you enjoy the Christmas season...I am sure as a pastor's wife and director of a shelter you are very busy this time of year doing the Lord's work!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE your nativity!!!!

    Elaine
    http://elainepack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too get out my nativity set (I only have a cow, a mule, and 2 sheep) and the real meaning of Christmas comes to life. I also love and make baskets and collect blue fruit jars and Jesus is my Lord and Savior and the reason for the season. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Christmas story, and the way your presented it by Scriptures and photos is beautiful! I so hope this year will be all about this Beautiful Gift to us and not so much about what is under the tree. He truly is the greatest gift of our lives!

    Thanks for stopping by my place

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! I am so glad you visited and commented on my blog so I could find your wonderful blog. Looking back over your posts I can see you are so talented. I love how your faith and perspective on life shines so brightly. I also love your willow tree manger scene. I love how the Willow tree figurines have no faces but capture such emotion even without. I had the privilege to meet the artist in person one year at the Atlanta trade show and can tell you she is so very kind! I am happy to be one of your newest followers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!