* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, January 7, 2013

LEARNING TO BE CONTENT......

Do you ever feel like time is just fleeting by?
 
The older I get the more I feel as if the days are shorter..
and life is going by so much faster......
 
  

Does anyone else feel that way?

I am trying each day to become more content with my surroundings......

More content.....
with this old home that we have done soooooo much work on.....

BEFORE......

AFTER........

 
 
More content.........
 With me.....

Wrinkles...
Weight gain.....
Gray hair that I continually have to color.... blah!
I am learning to stay away from mirrors that make me see
more than what I need to see.....
that helps...lol



To be content with the fact that I am a Grandmother..........

I seems my three daughters were just little ones last week...
where did all these precious ones come from??????


The Apostle Paul understood contentment........
in Philippians Chapter 4
he writes.......


.....for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
I know what it is to be in need,
and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry,
whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Phil 4: 11-13
 
 
Content:
  to be pleased....
Satisfied......
Willing; satisfaction.......
 
Today..... I am learning to be Content....

Blessings!
 
Patty
 

8 comments:

  1. Very well said Patty..I know exactly what you are talking about and I remember how it seemd like forever to be 18 but I wouldn't want to turn the clock back that far. Time has sped up for me too and I can't say I like it going so fast. Retirement is not what it is cracked up to be for me. I have to look at my cell phone or computer to see what day it is since the holidays messed me up. You did a great job on the house..it looks awesome. I love to take things that are kind of ugly and turn them into something Beautiful (good thing the hair color works) Hope you have a great year and all good things come your way
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Patty... from the heart. I saw a little quote on Pinterest that really caught my eye... She was so poor all she had was money.... Sadly, there are many who are never satisfied with what they have. No, nothing here is of the fancy variety, I don't have things that someone would mug me for... but the contentment is so powerful.... grateful beyond measure. It's such a happier way of life, don't you think? I know someone who is quite wealthy and has everything.... (you know, one of those people who are soooooooo hard to buy a gift for?).... and all she talks about is what she has and what she wants.... I just want to enjoy where I am right now. Yes, I have more now that I did at 20, but I loved my little, nearly empty apartment back then too...

    Wishing you a year blessed with more joy and contentment.. :-)

    Huggies!

    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! It seems that life is rushing on past us, yet we have the same 24 hours that our ancestors had! I too am trying to be content :-) thanks for your words of encouragement. Your home makeover is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I love the before and after of your beautiful home, but more than that, I love the topic of contentment. It is so very important to be content with who we are. With who God made us and who He wants us to be. Boy, it's hard sometimes though.

    By the way...you truly look waaaay too young to be a grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful words of wisdom Patty! No matter how content we think we are, we need to be reminded and qulech those little discontentment bugs that land on us from time to time. The transformation of your home is amazing. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful words of wisdom. Even when we think we've got the contentment bug handled, it lands on us again.

    The transformation of your home is amazing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post, Patty, and so true. You have made your home a thing of beauty, and God has done the same with you.
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have grown more content. When I hear the small voice in my heading zapping at contentment I stop listening. I am grateful for all that I have and my focus needs to be on
    G-d's many gifts to me. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!