* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sweet Sunday Blessings

 
Today I want to share with you some of the things around my home.
Things that mean so much to me...
Here at the Farmhouse I have so many pieces of furniture/décor items that I "cherish".......
 
The sampler that my husband bought for my 26th wedding anniversary.
He wrote such a sweet note on the back...
I will always cherish it.
 




To cherish.......
Protect and care for (someone) lovingly.....
Hold (something) dear....
Keep (a hope or ambition) in one"s mind.....


 
This corner cabinet was my Mothers....
It  holds a special place in my heart....


Originally it was a dark wood color.
My husband added the legs and top molding...
I painted it white and added the new knob...
 
 
I am reminded of her each time I see it...
Good memories I will always hold dear in my heart.
 
 
 
Cherish means to adore.......
Anyone who knows me realizes how much I love pigs.....
and this little guy is one of my favorites....
I adore his little smiling face in my kitchen...



 cherish means to admire......


The little chopping block the pig sits on in my kitchen is a prize possession of mine.
It was made by my Father in law.
My Mother in law gave it to me a while ago.
I cherish every mark on it...
It has been lovingly used.
I always admired it..
 
 
One day she gave it to me...
I will cherish it. 
Always!



Cherish means appreciate

This is my dining room table.  It is 10 feet long and seats 12 people.


My husband made this for me......
I so appreciate his craftsmanship.
 
 
Its simple but beautiful!
His next venture is to make a long bench for one side of it...
I really appreciate that we are able to sit everyone around the table for dinners..
Its great during the holidays.
 
 
Cherish means to value
 
 

 
One of the things I cherish about my home is the view from my dining room windows..
This is such a peaceful place to enjoy meals.
It is also a great place to meet with the Lord.
I value every minute we are able to sit together at this table.
How we are blessed with this view.
 
 
Today, I am reminded just how blessed I am on this beautiful but chilly Sunday.
I am very thankful..
 
 
It is  important to have things we "Cherish".
Our homes should be filled with beautiful things of great value to us.
Pieces that have a story....
A purpose...
A meaning....
Things that are special blessings...
 

 
The greatest blessing we have and should always cherish is the love of Jesus Christ.
Because of that great love towards us. 
We should have a great love for others. 
Just as He has cherished us...
We should cherish others....
 
 
 
 
Because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you cherish
towards all Gods people.
Colossians 1:4
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Patty, such a beautiful post. Beautiful thoughts and beautiful cherished treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patty~ I loved getting to peek at your favorite things. I love ~ love ~ love your table. Your house looks so inviting.
    Thank you for stopping by today and leaving me such a sweet little note.
    I love your blog~going to look around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty,
    so fun to see your favorite things! Especially loved your dinning room table, it's fabulous! How lucky you are to have such a talented hubby!
    Thanks for visiting,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simple nature of "cherish" - often something we forget to do. The table is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!