* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Missing in Action........

I know many of you have thought I disappeared from the face of the earth, but I am only "missing in Action". What action you might say?   My husband and I have purchased an older home and it going to be a "BIG" job.  It is not much to look at, but it is ours................


The outside is going to need lots of work.......lots of work.  I can already see lots of flowers and I am definitely going to paint the old brick......Any suggestions?


We have been busy working on the inside.  We have torn down walls and had to replace flooring and work on the foundation.  I will share more of the before and after photos as we complete the work. 


It sits on one acre of land and has lots of room for gardening, flowers and birds.  I am so excited about all the possibilities.  It has a great front porch and we are going to build a side porch which will be an extension of our kitchen.

After many years of ministry we have always been willing to go anywhere the Lord has asked us to.  We have given up many wonderful homes.  At this point in our lives we are getting older and do  not have lots of money to spend on extravagant homes.  After many years of living in church parsonages, we are pleased to be able to have something that is ours.  We are thrilled that the Lord is giving us ministry opportunities closer to our family.  I am asking all my friends in Blog Land to please pray for us as we have lots of work to do and we do not want to go deeply into debt for this home.  Also, I have an interview with the local Homeless Shelter with the possibility of the position of Director and my husband is going through the process of going back into the chaplaincy with the Federal Bureau of Prisons. I believe our God to be a faithful and a good God!

Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit they way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.


Until the next time.........May your day be joyous and blessed!

Blessings!

Patty


13 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! looks like there is great potential there and the fixing up is fun, hubby and I totally re-did our house when we bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, How exciting!!! The house looks so cute! I can't wait to see what y'all do to fix it up. It will be a privilege to pray for you. Glad to hear from you...Have a sweet evening!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty,
    I love your new home. I can already vision it with beautiful flowers. What a beautiful yard and trees. I've seen many brick homes and churches that have been painted, they've turned out simply beautiful. I know you will enjoy having a garden. God is so good to us. Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will certainly be praying for you with this new endeavor! God will certainly guide you and sustain you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Patty!!!! I'm just so happy for you!!! I could just feel the excitement within you as I read your words, your dreams, etc. I could just "see" all you were seeing on your little acre of heaven!!!! I can't wait to watch your progress. I'll be praying for you all the way, for the job interviews, the work on the house, and everything inbetween! I was just thinking about you tonight and so glad to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Patty, I love your new place and love that porch..i can't wait to see it all done up and looking like " home"..I am sending out your package tomorrow.;)have a good one.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty,
    What a beautiful project. That house has so much potential, and I can only see the outside. From experience I know God will direct and take care of us, when we allow him too. I pray that you will know and will do His will.
    Can't wait until you show us more pictures.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to have your own home. I remember some years ago when we retired from the Army to go into ministry and bought our house? I was so thrilled and still am to have my own house. Enjoy working on yours! Post before and after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I LOVE it!!! Have you named it yet? We name all of our houses that we buy and fix up. Well we also name all of our houses. I can see what you see in this house. I can't wait to see what all you do. God is so good all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Patty to you and your hubby, God is so GOOD!!! I am so happy He has brought you closer to your family, you and hubby certainly deserve it!! We too have been fixing up our little yellow house for over three years now, as we do things as we can afford to. I pray God will Bless you both in this home and make it your your earthly haven! God Bless!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Patty! So nice to meet you and I see you have a little work to get done before you can move into this beautiful older home! I love the porch already! I am sure you are going to love living here.
    Can't wait to see what you have done on the inside! My father in law owned his own home so he always let the church rent out the parsonage, but have known of others who didn't and then had to find a home later, but God always supplied their needs when they needed it.
    Blessings to you and yours- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blog.. I think I will put it on my blog list.......I came over here from Cora's blog... I love love love you new home.. Home is where the heart is and you sound like you will make it just perfect! We just painted our brick this spring and everyone told us not to...... BUT now we have people stopping to find out what color we used...... It took me three year to find the right shade of sage that I wanted.. It is beautiful and we will put hunter green shutters this summer! SO!! You go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure it's a ton of work but how exciting to have a home you can do with what you'd like. Fun! and best of luck and blessings to you in your new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!