* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Whats in the Bag??????


This past Saturday I had the pleasure of getting to visit
my wonderful blogger friend Betty
 at one of her favorite shops,
 "The Speckled Hen". 
Betty blogged about the open house they were having this past weekend,. 
You can read about it here:

After reading her post I knew I must go and visit. 
 I looked up the address
and found it was a mere 1 1/2 hours from my home. 
 I talked my sister into going with me on Saturday
and off we went!
It was a beautiful day.
My sister drove her truck (since we are avid junkers)
in case we found a garage sale or two....lol 
Of course, we did! 
By the time we made it to the shop
we were loaded with all sorts of goodies.

When we finally arrived at the shop Miss Betty standing behind the counter. 
We had never met in person and she did not know I was coming. 
Needless to say there was lots of hugging and excitement.

We shopped for a few hours....lol 
 For all you "prim sisters" this shop is a must.

Take a look at all my goodies.




Take a look at this adorable little candy canes. 
They were only $1 for the small bundles
and $2 for the large. 
 I am definitely going to make some more of these.

A closer look......





These cute little grungy bags...only $1.50 each.


Don't you just love this little prim light.....
This was my splurge item.


Of course I bought an assortment of wonderful  bulbs


look at these cute little snowman bulbs....to cute!

Could not leave without some wonderful dried scented items.



The Last little ornament says it all.
"Its the most wonderful time of the year"


As you can see my bag was full of wonderful treasures.
 I can't wait to place each one in a new and wonderful place
in my new "old" home.

Thanks to Miss Betty and all the wonderful ladies at the Speckled Hen.......

and blessings to all my wonderful Blog Sisters!

Patty
"Happiness is time spent with a friend and looking foward to sharing time with them again."
- Lee Wilkinson

9 comments:

  1. I so love all your prims! I have a lot of it in my house along with the other styles, too. You found some good stuff, love the light bulbs. Need some replacements myself.
    Just the simple candy canes are wonderful. Looks easy to do. I made a garland many years ago out of orange slices that I did myself and it looked wonderful. I got a 5 tray dehydrator at a garage sale for $3 and a meat slicer, hand crank for $2 and I started doing my orange and apple slices and sold some too.
    ( Slice and drop in a bowl of lemon juice and then dry them. ) They will last for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Speckled Hen looks wonderful. I love those candy canes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty, Just found your blog from Betty's. We were coming in the Speckled Hen as you and your sister were leaving. So nice to meet you altho it was short and sweet. Love the goodies you purchased. I got some of the same things, but my major purchase was one of the german twig christmas trees on the porch. I got the smaller one. I was tickled pink as I have wanted one for a long time. I was amazed at the great prices . Hope you had a great trip and found lots of goodies on your trip. Would love for you to come visit my blog at Thru Nana's Window. I will show my goodies soon. Have a great week
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that was fun. I felt like I went shopping with you. Such cute things!!!!
    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.
    Elaine
    elainepack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great meeting you and your sister. Glad you like all your goodies. We will meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patty...isn't it fun meeting blogging friends.
    I am one of the unlucky ones so far...I still want to meet Betty and hopefully go to the Speckled Hen as well.
    Betty was one of the ladies who ordered from me shortly after I started my Penny Rug business so I know here that way and from the forum and blogging but oh to meet her in person!

    Your treasures are cute...I especially love the little snowman bags!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a great time. I really like the bell. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it was so fun to meet up with a blogger buddy:) You found some awesome loot there. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!