* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Word for today!
 
 
   MOVE...
 
 
MOVE:
 
To go in a specified direction or manner;
change position.
 
A change of place or position
 
Synonyms:
 
Verbs: to stir-shift-budge- remove
Noun: Movement-motion-step-action-removal
 
 
I laugh as I write out the definition and synonyms for this word.
 
Picture via Internet.....


Seriously folks...

We here in blog land can definitely relate..
We are always "moving" things around..
from one spot to the other...

It is in our blood...
We love to change, shift, and redecorate things.....

 Via Pinterest.....



Being the wife of someone in the ministry..
The idea of "Move" takes on a whole new meaning...

We are constantly on the "Move"....

Going from one place to another...

Our life is not our own.....

We must be available to go when God says Go!
To move when God says Move...

Just when I thought things were settling down..
My husband is being transferred to another area...
As many of you know my husband is
a chaplain with the
Federal Bureau of Prisons...
After many years of ministry in the church..
He was asked to serve with the
North American Mission Board as a chaplain..
So, here we go again.....

The facility in Lexington is a medical facility..

So this will be a new ministry opportunity..
Prisoners who are facing very difficult medical issues.

We need your prayers....


via Internet.....


Please pray:

For the selling of our home...
finding a new home.....
Wisdom with our finances..
New Ministry opportunities for me to serve...
God's favour and guidnace
  for my husband
as he serves in this
new ministry.

I just know at this point,
 I have to trust God to guide us through
 this next journey in our lives.


Isaiah 43:18-19
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.” (NIV)

Thought for the day:
Don’t be afraid to keep moving on,
For what was before, now has gone,
God wants to accomplish so much more,
But we need to move forward in the Lord.


One positive note:
You gals will always be just a click away..
Thanks for being there daily for me...



Blessing!
Patty




 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Patty! You just got your house so beautifully fixed up, and now this! But, as a child of the King, we know that He never stands still and is always moving and expects us also to be sojourners as if in a foreign land, always ready to pull up stakes and "move" at His bidding. In a lot of ways, it is so exciting, because you have to know that He always has your best interest at heart. I love your willing heart and your desire to be obedient. I know your ministry will be so blessed by Him. I'm praying for you as you make all the plans you need to make. Please keep us all posted as your progress continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you during this time! I'm sure it may get stressful at times, so praying that everything goes as smoothly as possible. It must be hard to uproot your lives like this, but know that better things are waiting around the bend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, you and your husband are willing servants. You say, "Here I am, Lord, send me." How that must please our Heavenly Father. God Bless you both in this new adventure and opportunity. So glad you will only be a click away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds exciting...and you have a good attitude. Have spent all our married life moving. First 25 yr. with the military and now in ministry. :) God bless you abundantly with this new move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, YOUR inspiration and your spirit shines through.. Look forward to being friends, sisters in christ and BLOGGING sisters... I will be praying for all the things mentioned as well.. Thank you for your post and GOD bless you and your family ... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you and your husband. Following God means giving up a lot, but oh how much we gain. I know you love your home,but hope you find one you love half as much. Maybe more.
    Please keep us posted. I love your word of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty, WOW, you have some challanges along the way but what a fulfilling life you must have. I'm following along..Happy Friday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygoodness Patty! You're moving!!
    Well, Jesus says simply... "follow me."
    Sounds like you and yourguy are doing just that!
    My heart and prayers are with you on this next new adventure! You're an inspiration... and I encourage you forward into everything the Lord has for you...
    holykisses dear new friend,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. God has opened a new door! Prayers for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know it's hard when you're in the ministry. I want to put down roots so badly, then I realize doing that means saying "no" to God possibly. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you walk through new doors, literally.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. will def. be praying for y'all! we're moving soon too. the Lord certainly likes to keep us on our toes, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I stumbled upon you while reading a heartfelt post written to Amy at All Things Home. She is one of my favorites. I am your newest follower and have been doing this for a year now. Hope you'll follow me to and we share together our ideas, our faith, our walk with the Lord.
    Thanks,
    Bonnie from White Lace and Promises

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patty,

    Well I was just looking at your house and then I scrolled down and saw you were moving! I will lift you guys up in prayer! I know it must be hard picking up and moving after just finishing your house....but you know that God is going to bless you! I pray God blesses ya'll REAL GOOD and with a home that you just adore!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look forward to following along on this journey with you. I admire your courage to be so obedient to the Lord's call.

    Will be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!