* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve here at the Farmhouse....

 
Christmas Eve here at the Farmhouse always includes
our traditional Kentucky soup bean supper....
with all the fixins....
 
 

Soup beans aka pinto beans......
Fried taters....
Mustard greens
Mac and tomato
Weiner's and kraut
and please...
whatever you do...
don't forget......
The hot and crispy on the outside
Soft and chewy on the inside....
made in a cast iron pan
cornbread.....
and big glass of Iced sweet tea...
I know many of you will say.....
What!
Believe me...
Its all good...
really good!
Come on by the Farm sometimes...
I will be happy to serve you up some...
 

 
Christmas Eve always includes some serious cookie decorating for Santa...
There was cutting, spreading and sprinkling.
Lots of sprinkling....
I mean lots....
colored sugar and sprinkles everywhere!
 
 
 
 
 

Peanut bitter balls ready to dip in chocolate....
Ornaments ready to paint....
 

 

Now a few of my favorite spots around the Farmhouse......
 
My Christmas Aprons used to sprinkle joy.....



My Blue Dishes with a little pop of Christmas red.
 

 
 
Our Family Christmas pics from over the years.......


 
 
 
My Christmas tree simply adorned with birds, ribbon and bells.



 
My dining room.....




 
 
A Nativity Plate...
It was my Moms....


All of these things remind me of just how blessed I am.....
May I always be true to the real meaning of Christmas....
Amidst the beautiful décor...
the Bountiful food....
The many family and friends.... To God be the glory for it all!

 
Happy Christmas Blessings
from The Foothills Farmhouse!
 
PATTY
 
Luke 1:37

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and may the new year be awesome!
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home! I'm a Kentucky girl, and that's a delicious menu you've prepared! I really love how you've used your baskets on the hutch. Everything looks great. Hope you'll come visit my blog and see what I'm doing in my old Kentucky home too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!