* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Its a Banner Day!



Today has been a "banner" day...


I recently found a box full of old hymnals at a Barn sale...
Beautiful old hymnals... 
They were worn with just the perfect patina...



Can you imagine all the hands that have held these...
The sound of voices singing in unison..
Oh, the memories..
What a blessing!

I just had to bring them home and give them a new life...
A new purpose.....

BANNER TIME!

You will need:

A little paint...
Letter Stencils.... (ABC'S)
A brush....
The Brush needs to be a stiff round stencil brush
 If you do not have one use a make up sponge..
Of course, a paper plate for the paint.....
Let's get started....

It was so simple....
I Placed the letter stencil on a hymnal page
or whatever you may be stenciling...
I used a 4 inch stencil.
It was so easy to get it even...
I just placed the top of the stencil directly under the title of the hymn...
It fit perfectly.
Dip stencil brush in paint ....
(It does not take much paint)
While holding the stencil in one hand,
Begin pouncing paint into stencil outline...
if you get to much paint on your brush just pounce excess paint on a paper towel....
To much paint will cause the paint to run outside the lines of stencil.
Less is better......

Begin stenciling... 
I chose Words like........
Thankful....
Blessings...

Faith...
Hope...
and the greatest of these...
LOVE....
I Corinthians 13:13


I just could not stop myself.....
Stacks of letters stenciled on old hymnal pages......
Pages already filled with wonderful words of praise...
Coming together to make special new words of praise.....

Becoming Banners......

"a long strip of cloth bearing a slogan or design,
hung in a public place or carried in a procession."



I found the perfect place to hang my banner...
In my dining room across my old door....
A reminder....

Grace.....

"The practice of thanking God for the food before a meal."

Grace.....

"The free and unmerited favor of God,
 as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings."





Lord knows we all need a little grace each and every day!
The wonderful thing is.....
It is ours....


To say.....
To accept......



"For the Grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people."
Titus 2:11

Yes, Its a banner kind of day!!!


May the Grace of God Bless your life today!

Blessings!


Patty



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the worn pages of sheet music and what a great idea putting black letters on them, and making a banner. Very nice looking. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patty! The banner is so pretty and extra special using the hymnal pages. Love it. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I followed by email so I don't miss anything!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I find old music books at the thrift store and never thought of doing this! Thank you for the idea! Love it and I will definitely will be doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty, I just love your banner created with the vintage hymnal music. What a terrific find. I would have brought those home too. In fact I have hymn books with those same style notes and music from the old gospel hymns. I still love those and play them on the piano often. If my books fall apart and the music separates, I'll have to remember to make a banner. Love that you stenciled the word Grace. Love the font style too. Have a great weekend dear friend. Blessings, xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my,!Patty this is awesome! I will definitely want to try this. Question, I've always wanted to know how to hang a door. I've always loved the word GRACE. As we give grace, Grace is extended to us. I'd rather err on the side of grace than I had judgment. Thanks for sharing!! Don't be surprised if you see this again! I promise to link back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! That old door is fabulous in itself and then your lovely banner is the icing on the cake.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olá amiga, passei por aqui para desejar-lhe uma
    abençoada continuação de semana.
    Amei a inspiração, obrigada querida pela ideia sustentável!!!!
    Doce abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty, these banners are just beautiful! What a great idea!! I don't have any old hymnals, but I may make some photocopies of my favorite hymns on tea-stained paper just to replicate your idea.

    Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful banner you have created and have certainly given new life to these beautiful old hymnals. To me, throwing them out in the trash is almost like throwing away the Bible. I'm so glad you were able to rescue these lovely pages. I LOVE your mantle! I am visiting from Grace at Home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this! I’ve made a wreath out of old music sheets but love the idea of a banner! That stencil is neat! Can’t wait to try this!! Found you by way of Imparting Grace’s link up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!