* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Honest is always the best policy

It has been several days since my last blog. It has not been as easy as I thought to sit down and keep up with the day to day blogging even though it is very therapeutic to vent. We are slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things around here at the mission. Today was the first chapel service for the new girls. I think it went well. Scott preached out of I Sam 17. It was a great message. The girls watched the movie "Facing the Giants" last night for movie time (I love that movie). Scott followed up with how we must face our giants with the example of David and Goliath. We were able to openly share before the preaching what some of our giants were. We heard many different things, (fear, addiction, pride, finances, depression, legal issues, relationships) to name a few. I love the fact that we are in a fellowship were we can share with each other honestly.

Honesty, this is something we seem to avoid in our churches today. It seems we find it easier to put on our masks and "fake it" rather than just being real to each other. Honesty is something we really try to get the girls here at the mission to practice. At first it can be a little scary as they begin to open up and share thier "giants". Many of them have faced things that we often read about or see in movies but never really knew someone who personally experienced it. We must allow them the opportunity to share openly and to have a heart of compassion as we listen. The most dangerous thing that could ever happen is for us to judge them for where they have been and for what they have done. Who are we to judge anyone.? If we could just get past the judging or "the better than though" attitude in our churches then we would see a world of change. Lord, help me not to judge and forgive me for the times I have! Lord knows I have done it too many times, too quickly and way too fast. How's that for honesty?

The lord has been good (as always). This week the rest of the money needed for our new windows came in. Next winter we will not have to cover the windows with plastic to keep the mission warm and the electric bills down. This past month the electric bill was as we say "sky high". Thank God, we had enough to pay for it and all the rest of the bills. Again, God is good! The food has been good this week. Our last provided meal ends tomorrow evening. It sure has been nice not to worry with the menu and teaching the girls how to cook thier own meals during this first week. Honestly, I think the kitchen is one of the hardest things to get into working order for a new session.

Well, its late and I have to do a little reading before bed. I have to be honest. I have been trying to finish this book for a couple of months. I need to get it done. As long as we are being honest............I ate too much today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!