* Social icons for Blogger ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Can you stand the test?

Okay so I am over my "rotten no good, I guess I'll go eat worms day". It wasn't easy! It started when Michelle, Tanya and myself decided to try a little reverse physchology with the girls. We thought we were helping them but it really helped us or me. then tonight was "evening with a guest" night. Which means we have a "guest" speaker to share with the girls. I decided that I would go and sit in (since I was in need of some major motivation). The speaker was a friend of mine. We had done some jail ministry together and teaching at another rehab where I had volunteered. She is a very motivational speaker and shares her heart and life openly. I am glad I went.

She opened up her share time with this question, "Can you stand the test"? She shared how in the past few years she has experienced several tests in her life. One particular test was one of which she was still going through. It did not seem as if this one was going to end anytime soon. As I listened, I realized that you would have never known that this was going on in her life. She always is positive and very encouraging to others around her. She is always quick to let others know that the Lord is her strength. How do people remain so focused and committed to the Lord when their world seems to be falling apart. As she asked us to turn to Job chapter one(1) in our Bibles and the girls began to read aloud the verses, I knew the Lord was speaking directly to me. How so? Well I am glad you asked.

For the past several days I have been asking myself, "Am I really making a difference"? After 10 or so years of living and giving myself to those in addiction or with life controlling issues,as I said last blog, "I am just plain tired". You began to wonder is this what I will be doing the rest of my life? How come I cannot just do what every one else is doing? WHY ME? booohoooooboooohooooooooo and then the question, "Can you stand the test"? Job was man of whom God tested. The beginning of the chapter describes Job as blameless and upright, he feared God and shunned evil. At first Job seems to have it all together. He was wealthy. He had a great family and many servants and indeed he did have it all together. Until one day. Satan is sitting in counsel with God (along with the angels). God ask Satan, "what have you been doing"? Satan replies, "just roaming around the earth checking things out". God asks Satan, "Well, have you considered my servant Job"? God actually draws Satan's attention toward Job. Can you believe that? We must consider the fact that this is GOD! The almighty! The creator and sustain er of the Universe. Yet, Job gets God's attention enough that He is bragging about Job above a billion, trillion, ca zillion other people and things that he has created. God tells Satan, "there is no one on earth like him". Oh to get Gods attention in that way (Awesome). Way to go Job!

Now, Satan then tells God, "no wonder he is in such good shape, your (God) hand is upon him and no one can touch him. Move you hand from him and watch his attitude change". The thing here is that Satan had to get God's permission to even go near Job. Satan can only do what God allows him to do. Satan then attacks Jobs children, flocks, servants, land, etc. Destroying it all. When Job gets the news that he has lost everything but his life and his wife he tore his robe and shaved his head and then he fell to the ground and worshipped God. Most of us at hearing news like this do just what I have been doing. "Why God, why me? "Why did this happen to me"? Not Job he fell to the ground and worshipped God. To make a long story short. Job then was attacked physically. He wife even give up and tells him to "just curse God and die". Not Job, He withstands the test. He remains faithful.

The end of the story: Job gets it all back double what he had.

The moral of the story: Job survived the test. Regardless of how much he lost. How long he suffered। He still trusted God! When life seems to be turning up side down, Can you stand tहे test?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by The Foothills Farmhouse...Your comments are greatly appreciated. Blessings!